Saturday, May 9, 2009

Egg-less quiche


A simple egg-less quiche is delicious, colourful and nutritious. I must admit this was the first quiche I have ever made, but when your husband and 2 year old like it, you know its good. I also found one for mini crustless quiches that I'm keen to try now. Here's the link.

Here's one I made (it is based on one from here):

In a pan cook up some onions, leek, mushrooms, spinach, red capsicums until just soft.

In a separate bowl add a block of silken tofu, 1/2 cup soy or rice milk, some tumeric (mostly for colour) some garlic and some fresh herbs (think parsley, chives or basil). Blend up really well.

Add the tofu mix to the veg mix and pour into a pre-prepared crust (a quick one is to get some store bought shortcrust pastry and blind bake at 180C until golden (about 20 mins).

Bake at 180C for 45mins.

No comments: