Monday, August 4, 2008

"Meat" Pies


It's been a while again since I last posted, but here is one that my husband adores.

I have always made pies and doing vegan variations was pretty easy, I mean you can put anything into a pie, even left over bolognaise.


But when it comes to the traditional meat pie that you get from the local bakery, that can be a challenge.


However, thanks to some gravy, onion, some seasonings and a tin of Sanitarium Casserole Mince it was quite simple.


I got two medium pies out of this, one topped with pastry, the other potato.


To make simply dice an onion and saute in some oil until soft, add the 'mince' and seasonings (salt, pepper, I also put in some mixed herbs and poppyseeds).

Make up the gravy so it will be a little thick as this will hold it all together.

Add it to your pre prepared pastry crusts and top how you like. Bake at 180 C for about 1/2 an hour.


Great served with a salad or some steamed veg. Ones that are topped with pastry can be frozen then cover with foil to reheat after defrosted so it doesn't burn.

No comments: