Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pita-bread and chickpea and mayo salad


I finally got around to making home made pita bread. While it was simple enough, I just don't think my oven gets hot enough to give a really good air bubble which in turn leaves a space for your fillings. Never the less, they were still delicious.

I filled them with a chickpea and mayo salad. My husband put in a chickpea cutlet.

This is what I did for the salad.

Get 1 cup of cooked chickpeas and mash with a good squeeze of dairy-free mayo. Mix these together well. Add some salt, pepper flat leaf parsley and some ground wakame (you can really use whatever seaweed you have around. If you only have nori, just pound them up. I had wakame strips so I ground them up in my mortar and pestle). You could also add finely diced celery/red capsicum.

This mix went into my pita bread and I put on some mixed lettuce. Yummo!

No comments: