Sunday, February 7, 2010

Christmas Trees



I finally have time to put a few pics up from my holiday cooking.

Firstly is these beautiful gingerbread xmas trees. The recipe was fantastic from the Post Punk Kitchen (PPK). I used this recipe for the gingerbread men previously.

I used some start cutters of gradually diminishing size to form the tree. Then iced away. Super easy and they made great presents. I also made one from my recipe for xmas cookies.

Linny's Xmas cookies:

Ingredients

3/4 cup almonds. Use chopped, slivered flaked. Whatever you have. I always have whole ones so chopped it is.

125g non-dairy margarine
1/4 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup custard powder
1/4 cup chopped glace cherries
handful of dried cranberries


Method

Beat marge, suger and vanilla with electric mixer until fluffy
sift in flour and custard powder. Add fruit and nuts and mix well.
Give a quick knead to ensure everything is well incorporated.
Cover and put in the fridge for 1/2 hour
Roll out to about 7mm thick and cut out as desired.
Bake at 190C for 15mins
Let cool for 5 mins on the tray before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely
Ice or dust with icing sugar.

YUM!

No comments: