Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bean Bruschetta


I love toast and beans on tops. So I combined the two with some amazing recipies.

The first being the toast.

This is made with a lovely and so simple long rise bread. It involves no kneading and only 1/4 tsp of yeast, but about 24 hours to rise. It is worth the wait. I start my next days bread just before I go to bake last nights risen dough. So it really makes it effortless. Similar in time to using a bread machine. Very tasty straight from the oven with some dairy-free margerine or toasted with wholegrain mustard.

The other is for a Three Bean Salad. I omitted the carrot and added chopped celery. I also swapped the green beans for brown lentils. I think any beans/peas work fine. The key is differing colours, sizes and textures. You could heat it up for a warm bruchetta, but cold it is delicious too.

Either of these recipes can be used separately, but for something easy and delicious for any meal, together they are devine.

No comments: