Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St Paddy's day creations

Well, feeling in the mood for baking I tried a two color biscuit from the Coles Easter magazine. The only change was to use non-dairy margarine. They were easy to make and look fantastic. I used a shamrock to cut out the centre.




Next up was a pasta lunch.
Sautee a few asparagus and mushrooms (I used oyster, they are awesome!) in some olive oil
Add some milk, and 1/2 cup of veg broth (I used veg-chicken) along with some chives, ground celery seeds, onion powder, pepper and nutrional yeast.
Simmer until reduced a little.
If you need to thicken add some cornflour mixed in a little cold water.
Don't thicken too much though. You want to add the pasta to the sauce so it is all coated, this also thickens the sauce.



Lastly, our 'green' item. This was simple. Choc cupcakes with peppermint frosting! These are the same ones I have made before from "Vegan Cupcakes take over the world". I love choc-mint and this is perfect. I added some edible green glitter, so they look great too.





No comments: